At home and on the farm, the pole beans seem to be doing well in contrast to the squash. There are plenty of squash blossoms, but very little squash. A huge green and white variegated pumpkin/squash hybrid lurks at the far end of the first row at the farm. We haven't decided what it is, but it's huge. The upside of this summer's tempestuous weather is that I have not had to water the gardens too much. In addition to the corn and beans, the beets, carrots, peas and kale are coming along nicely at the farm. At home, the butterfly gardens and sunflowers are spectacularly colourful and I often see goldfinches fly out of their several wildflower oases as I walk by. I have had to bell the cat... We range from micro to mega flora - the tomatoes are microscopic and the sunflower, zucchini and watermelon leaves are like immense green umbrellas.
 |
| Lurking squash, it's much bigger now. |
 |
| Scarlet runner beans rock - so juicy, tender and sweet. Note the nearly invisible tomato in the stainless bowl, hence the purchased tomatoes in the background... |
.jpg) |
| Some fun with a tiny tomato stem star |
 |
| Starfish-Upon-the-Thames |
 |
| Pole beans winding their way up the corn stalks |
 |
| Steve surveys the bounty and the weeds! |
 |
| Is that the sun? |
.jpg) |
| Nope, more rain on its way... |
 |
| I know, I know, we are lucky to have so much rain for the corn. |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home